Friday, May 30, 2008

Passing the Torch

So, I was cruising the Internet today in my quest to be the most unproductive person on the planet. And I came across this blog that was on my friend Amie's list of "just for fun" things.

Well, it was HILARIOUS.

Basically, in this particular post, she was talking about how she offered up some of her children's toys for sale on Craigslist because they weren't playing with them(in any way that was appropriate). And in response, she got a lot of hate mail.

And it made me want to say, just in case you didn't know, that parenting can be hard, and anyone who tells you otherwise is LYING! And we all do what we have to do to teach our children to be good people...and there are very few REALLY WRONG ways to do it, and very few REALLY RIGHT ways to do it.

And for anyone who disagrees, well, I'm okay with that.

I love my kids. They are the BEST, EVER. But sometimes it's loud, and sometimes they fight, and occasionally, they make me want to run screaming down the street. But most of the time they are really nice. They even get along and like each other (something my brother and I didn't manage to do until we were grown). And I wouldn't trade this life for anything.

So, my point?

Well, I don't really have one.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That was amazing!! LOVED the meanest mom post. It was absolutely hilarious and I loved her retaliation. You, Denise Beatty, are awesome and have really great ideas!!

Paul said...

Excellent post. That is a most noble quest. I have seriously been slacking on leaving comments here. Excited to see that camera btw.

Kimber said...

That post was great...I bet the majority of the persons sending the hate mail didn't even have kids!

Related Posts with Thumbnails