Saturday, May 10, 2008

Grandma Lee

So, my grandma is an amazing person. (This is her and Mikayla!)

She is the tinest, little person, but she has a huge spirit. She is quiet and unassuming, so you would never know about the amazing life that she has led...and the heartache that she has endured...and she just keeps going.

I have such fond memories of visiting my grandmother in the summer...one of the best vacations of my life was driving out to Minnesota, going to the corn festival in her little town where they cooked corn in an old steam engine and even had bed races down mainstreet! (Yep, people in beds, being pushed down the road by their teammates.)

I love to hear the stories of her youth, growing up in Korea and her life afterwards. She has lived in all kinds of places and had so many amazing adventures.

I am so glad to know her and grateful for the legacy that she has given myself and my children. Without her sacrafices I know that we wouldn't be where we are today.

She is a great grandma!

Happy mother's day, Grandma.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I could totally tell that was Mikayla- I think it's the eyes. What a cutie!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails