Monday, May 12, 2008

The Mother Hood

So, mother's day was great.

It is normally our family tradition that I get breakfast in bed on mother's day. But this year it was decided that I needed sleep more than I needed food. Good call!

So after sleeping in, and a busy morning getting ready for church, we had a nice, quiet Sunday afternoon.

The kids were so excited to give me all their presents, including a lovely light bright creation, cards, ceramics, and letters. They love their mom! And I love them.

I just have to share a little from what each of the kids gave me.

Mikayla gave me a book of poetry. One of my favorites included a little something about my hopes and dreams.

Mikayla said, "She dreams of having a house full of children who don't yell, fight, or scream."

It's a simple dream, isn't it? Probably won't ever come true, but what's life without a dream?

Emma and Joe gave me cards listing 10 things they love about me.

Emma said, "If I had a million dollas I would buy my mom a plasma screen TV."

Woo hoo. That would be some nice TV!

Joe said, "If I had a million dollas I would buy my mom a maid."

Does that boy know me, or what?

Josh filled out a little questionnaire about me.

How old is your mom? 50 years old.

How tall is your mom? 60 feet tall.

What is your mom's favorite drink? Stuff in a box.

When she doesn't have anything to do, what does your mom do? Take a nap.

And Becky drew me pictures.

All in all, a memorable Mother's Day.

Oh, and Troy promised me a scroll saw. We'll see. The last time he promised me a gift it took two years before I actually got it. (Troy wants me to tell you that he did, however, cook me a lovely dinner of steak, mashed potatoes, corn, and rolls he made from leftover dough. It was very nice.)

And, on an unrelated note, as I work on my food storage, here's a little tidbit for you...I can fit approximately 400 #10 cans in the back of my van!

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Holy Crap-oly! Minivans rock! Your day sounded awesome.

The Valentine Fam said...

That was so fun to read! I want a maid too!! Happy Mother's Day!

Lara said...

How creative Troy and the kids are! I wish someone in my family would recognize my need for a maid too. :)

Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Not only are you old--you're a giant, too!! Joshy is too funny.

P.S. Do you know who this is? So mysterious...

Kimber said...

A maid would be nice, but I'm voting for the plasma TV :)

Amberlyn said...

I love love love the things your children had to say. It's those sweet little things that makes Mother's Day so great.

You had a GREAT Mother's Day.

lbugsh2 said...

I like what your kids have to say about your better than mine. Zoe said my favorite thing to do was sleep. Well that is true. Oh well time for a new hobby.

alexandra said...

Just so you know, in the event of a natural disaster, we'll be heading to your house! And it's probably going to happen in the near future, because I finally succumbed and opened up a google account so I could leave comments!

Anonymous said...

And for those of you who don't understand Josh's answer of "Stuff in a box" to the question "What's your mom's favorite drink," you have to realize that when Denise is in need of a Coke (which happens about 3 or 4 times a day), she asks Josh to go out to the fridge in the garage, and there in the fridge, are boxes of 12 packs of Coke. So when he answered "Stuff in a box", in made perfect sense to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails