Monday, August 4, 2008

The Whirlwind

Holy Cow...we have been on the move...

Mikayla and Emma have returned from their week with the Huhtala's and they could not have been busier.

Amy is, of course, crazy...and planned way too much...but the girls had so much fun...I am not sure that I will be able to match it when her girls come to visit me.

They went to Seven Peaks, they had a spa night, they celebrated Pioneer Day with all kinds of fireworks (Amy did stop at the Indian Reservation!), and they even were able to go to the Pioneer Day Concert at Temple Square with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Osmonds.

After picking them up from Amy's house, we went to visit DEl and Kim in Price...they really showed us a good time.

We were able to go to the wave pool, the park, and managed a little DDR...I am SO hip now...okay, not really. But, I think we might have to get a DDR and practice a little, to have a rematch with them soon!


We also took the kids to get haircuts at the cosmetology school at the College of Eastern Utah (where DEl is a dean)...the haircuts were $4.00, can you believe it?









And cute Mikayla donated 12 inches of her hair to Locks of Love...and came away with a pretty great haircut (did I mention that it only cost $4.00?) I think she looks really great...Troy does too, but she also looks older, and he is getting ready to beat the boys off with a stick!

9 comments:

Kimber said...

It was so great spending time with your family this week, and we hope that you travel safely home :)

Melanie said...

I LOVE Mikayla's new haircut! It's adorable! And I'm way jealous of the Motab! We watched it on tv and it looked great! Did Marie's dress look that awesome in person?

Puhlman said...

I too love Mikayla's hair. How beautiful of a girl she is. WOW. I am so impressed. Rachel is trying to grow her hair out too so she can donate to Locks of Love. If her hair was long enough we would do it here (it is free if you donate here) but I don't think she has enough and she is getting quite impatient and wants it done NOW. SO now sure if we can wait that long but HOLY COW her hair cut is just gorgeous. When are you coming home? I am getting very sad. I only have two more days in Washington.

Anonymous said...

Mikayla looks so grown up! You really are going to have to beat the boys off with a stick. What a great vacation. On this side, we're all wondering if it will ever end!

Andrea said...

I sure miss those kids! Get home quickly!! (oh, you're included with the "kids"--miss you, too.)

Charlene said...

Mikayla's hair looks great and she does look older! I can't believe you are on vacation still. How fun for you!!!

Sarah said...

Looks like you have been having a great time! And I love Mikayla's new haircut- she looks so grown up and beautiful!!! Troy's got his work cut out for him with that stick!!

Floyd Family said...

What a wild trip! I can't believe how much you packed in! We're excited to see you!

Amberlyn said...

Way to go Mikayla for donating her hair!! What a beautiful hair cut she got in return!!! I want one, and for only $4!!!!

Love all the other photos you took. I really need to get the name of that book you were telling me about!!! I need to be more proficiant at my picture taking.

Related Posts with Thumbnails