Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summer in Three "Easy" Weeks

Well, the kids have decided that they have to make up an entire summer of playing in just three weeks.

I might not make it.

In addition to the party that Troy and I had, we have had numerous playdates, sleepovers, and all around chaos. We even managed to fit in a little girls night out with Emma, Mikayla, and Mikayla's friend Vanessa.

We got manicures. Aren't they cute?



I still have to find time for an entire summer's worth of school shopping and doctor visits. Luckily, I have a Master's Degree in shopping (maybe even a PhD), and have finished nearly all the school shopping.

But we have three orthodonist visits, a hearing test, four eye doctor appointments, and a well child visit still to go.

Did I mention that we also have three birthday parties, another sleepover, and a wedding anniversay to fit in?

Oh, I know, it's my own fault for going away for the ENTIRE summer.

It really was worth it, but geez, I am going to need another vacation once school starts!

Well, enough of the pity party...I did manage to find some time to scrapbook, so it can't all be bad...haha.

I just had to share this layout...I really love it.



And if you made it this far...you get to hear the Joshisms.

First, to tell you how long we have been gone, and how much we have been travelling...when Troy got home from work today, Josh wanted to know if Troy had brought him a souviner. LOL!

And secondly, I forgot to tell about something funny I overhead Josh say while we were on vacation.

Josh was telling Joe something. And Joe said that he thought that Josh was lying about whatever it was.

Josh was really upset by this and said, quite emphatically, "I AM NOT lying! I used to lie all the time, but now I just lie a little...and this time is the truth."

Can I just tell you...that kid cracks me up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I comment rarely, I just had to comment on this post because I can confirm that Denise has both a Master's Degree and PhD in shopping (because she does it so well and so often......!)

Charlene said...

I am glad your home, I love your home stories!! I also enjoyed your scrapbook page. I've decided that once we settled and the boys go back to school, I am going to sit down and figure out the scrapbook page.

Anonymous said...

Denise, I love your new "blog look". I knew you were out here, hope you guys had a good time. Your kids are so big, good to see pictures.
~Sue

Anonymous said...

First of all, Troy, you're a goofball. And Denise, at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Of course, then school starts. . .

Amberlyn said...

I am amazed that you still have all this energy after a cross country summer vacay!!!

You are incredible.

One week from tomorrow, baby, and school starts for us!!!!!!

Let the band begin to play!!!!

Emily Merchant said...

CanI just say, I love Josh! I am totally missing hearing all the great things that come out of that kid's mouth on the way to school. We sure are going to miss that with kindergarten and the bus!

It is also fun to hear about the Beatty family adventures. As I try to settle back in and figure out whst needs to happen in the next two weeks -- after a much shorter family vacation -- I am constantly in awe of how you can pull it all together Denise. Wow! I have not quite figured out when to do my measly shopping for only two kids, although I did inventory clothes and make a list.

Lara said...

I'm glad your vacation was a success...and having three weeks to do all of the non-fun stuff doesn't sound so bad to me!
I love the scrapbook page and all of the photos from your vacation--it looks like it was a great time!
PS--the family picture in your header is gorgeous. Did you have it done here in VA or in UT? We need to find a good photographer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails