Monday, August 25, 2008

One Foot in the Grave

It isn't too often we get to hear an Emmaism, but here's one for you.

I was cooking lunch today...mac and cheese, in case you were interested, and Mikayla asked if she could have leftovers instead.

Emma turns to me and says, "Yeah, she's getting too old for mac and cheese."

And then she says, "I'm getting old too. I bent down the other day and my back hurt."

LOL!

When did nine become old?

And, if she's old, then what does that make the rest of us?

I do have to say...and let me just warn you now, with Mikayla starting middle school and Josh starting kindergarten, you are going to be seeing a lot of "when did they get so big" posts...

Anyway.

I just have to say...the children really are getting old (you know, in the cute, next stage of life way, and not the hand me my teeth kind of way).

Katie has all of the sudden gotten so grown up...I think since she has started walking she really seems like more of a little girl than a baby.



And Mikayla...phew. Don't get me started.

She started shaving her legs this week (she wouldn't let me take a photo!), and it really made me feel like she is growing up WAY TOO FAST!

But, I am working on my free range parenting, and she has had several opportunities to grow and be on her own and I am excited for her.

Really, she has such a good head on her shoulders, I am confident that she is going to make good choices.

I got this great photo of her playing with Becky. Aren't they so cute?

2 comments:

Tamee said...

Great picture!!

Enough said.

Kimber said...

I love the new signature, and I agree with you...our kids are growing up way too quickly!

Love the pics you posted of your unwilling husband :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails