Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Family Fun

We finally made it to Hurricane...and it has been non-stop.

We went out to the ranch again, and really had a good time. We rode the 4 wheelers, and went shooting, and played in the sprinklers. We also got to spend some time with Troy's sister Eva.

Troy thinks he's a good shot. He made me take this photo...I still think I did better than him...but of course, he'd tell you different.

Emma is crazy about her Grandma Beatty, and we got this cute shot of the two of them.

And here's one more of Emma, riding with her Aunt Eva...wild and crazy...both of them!

And cute Katie...she is up to eight steps...and waving, and can now say bye, bye, mama, dada, gram-ma, and uh-oh. I love it!

Katie and Jed came down, and Katie gave me a little photography lesson. Mikayla and Emma were good sports (and Lucas an unwilling catpive), and modeled for us...I leanred that there is a lot I don't know about my camera, and photography in general! haha. Katie knows more about photography that I think I could ever hope to learn! But she is a good teacher, and I hope that I am improving!

We also had a really great family reunion. Paulette planned an action packed day that included Frisbee golf, a quiz show about mom and dad, skits, and free time which included bobbing for apples, a treasure hunt, horseshoes, and bocce ball.

Let me just say, that I think I need a vacation from my vacation.

Here's Troy playing horseshoes. All the women were concerned about his cute head getting sunburned, so they made me get him a hat...since he couldn't find his, we had to make due with Dad's. Isn't Troy stylish? I particularly love that the hat is held together with duct tape...this seems only fitting.

And the skits were a huge hit. Everyone did so well. Steve was a good sport and played Tinkerbell...I think the roll was made for him.

Joe got the play the hero. He was in heaven.

And Josh...well, he just really enjoyed playing with all the props.

We bobbed for apples. I couldn't resist this great photo of Jefferson. All the kids really went for it!

Becky really enjoyed the treasure hunt. Aunt Paulette had buried money in the bucket and Becky was in heaven when she found 16 cents...she said that she was rich! (If only it were true!)

The bocce ball was a huge success, thanks to Uncle Steve...for some reason the boys could only play if they had their shirts off...I think it made them feel manly!

Katie enjoyed her day, even if she did spend part of it in baby jail (her play pen).

And Dad's favorite part? I think it was his nap!

We also got some great photos of our tree.

And we found this tree that Troy's sister Eva had carved when he was just five months old. She told him that she was holding him on her hip when she carved it. (So sweet!) I love that we get to back and see how these trees grow!



I love this shot of the sun setting at Zion. I drove Troy crazy, making him stop as we drove down the mountain...it took us twice as long...but I think these shots were worth it! (I am not sure that Troy thinks so...but luckily Eva was with it...and she is so mellow, she was more than willing to go with the flow...I think it's good for Troy.)

And I just had to post this picture of Becky...you know when you cook with Grandma Beatty, you have the wear the hairnet (shower caps)...I have a great one of Grandma in hers...but she wouldn't let me post it...I think I might hang on to it for blackmail.

We have had such a great vacation...but I think we are all ready to go home...we'll, maybe it's just me...but I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed in just a few days...if we survive the drive back home...I'll let you know.

4 comments:

The Valentine Fam said...

How did this get posted 19 minutes ago... I thought you left yesterday? We had so much fun with you guys! I've already been checking dates to come visit. Our little photoshoot was lots of fun and don't worry...I 'm still learning A LOT too! It's a never ending process. Love ya.

Jolinda said...

I don't know if you remember, but I know Steve and Paulette and I have to say I've never seen this side of him!! Great photo among several others!

Kimber said...

I'm so glad you guys decided to drive out this summer; the reunion wouldn't have been the same without you!

You gotta love Grandma B. and her hairnet rule :)

Nathan, Mariann &Talon said...

Hey it was awesome seeing you all you at the reunion. i love how your kids all say hi to me it makes me fill special :) luv ya oh ya view my blog nathanmariannandtalon.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails