Friday, August 29, 2008

You Can't Have It All

Well. It's done.



60 quarts of peaches and still about two pecks of peachs left...I think jam is next on the list.

I have to say, while it was a lot of work, thankfully, there were many hands, so Andrea, Stacy, Lisa, and Melanie made it fun. And, for me, there isn't any better feeling than looking at those beautiful peaches still on my pantry shelf just waiting to be eaten by my grateful family.



The only way it could be sweeter for me would be if I actually liked peaches.
Oh well. You can't have it all!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

60!!! That's a ton! And you made it to bed WAY before I did! I really need to get back on VA time! I had a blast tonight, thanks for inviting me...

Kimber said...

Those peaches look so pretty1

And what a good sport you are to put in all that effort for something you don't even like to eat :)

Jolinda said...

Isn't motherhood grand? We learn how to sacrifice for those we love. Way to go...they look yummy!

Floyd Family said...

They look absolutely beautiful! I am drooling as I look. Way to go!

Amberlyn said...

WOW!!! Those peaches look A-m-a-z-i-n-g!!!!!

Your family is going to love you all through the ENTIRE winter!!!!

Tamee said...

Okay Denise, why was I not invited to this educational and sweet event? You had better make strawberry jam and invite me!!
It is very pretty in the jars. But now you need a contrasting apple jar or strawberry jar next to it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails