Saturday, August 30, 2008

Her Future's So Bright...



She has to wear shades!


I told you, you are going to see a lot of "how can this be" type posts from me in the next few weeks. And here is the first of many...

Mikayla had middle school orinetation today. No parents allowed.

It killed me to send her to school today on the bus and not be able to be there for her.

But, not only did she have a good experience, she was able to solve some of her own problems.

Holy cow...free range parenting works!

She got to tour the school today, meet her teachers and practice opening her locker.

The thing that she didn't plan on doing today, I think, was discovering that there had been a MAJOR mistake in her class schedule and having to fix it without me.

But, fix it she did!

I am so glad that she has such a good head on her shoulders. I know she is going to be fine.

I wish I could say the same for myself!

In other news:

Josh had kindergarten orientation today. He is so excited for school. I love seeing him so happy.

Emma and Joe also got to meet their techers today.

Overall, I am pretty pleased with our teachers this year...We will see how it goes.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Middle school and kindergarten the same year...what an adventure! At least it sure sounds like they've both been well prepared!

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Denise, you're on your way to being the poster child for free range parenting! I've been trying it myself, and so far I've only had one person call me on their cell phone with my lost child. Otherwise, it's worked out pretty well! :) A

Related Posts with Thumbnails