Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tears of Joy?

Well, there were no tears...I knew that the kids wouldn't cry, but I thought I might!

Everyone was just too excited and so far, so good.

Mikayla went first. The bus was supposed to come at 7:30, but didn't show up until 7:45...typical.



I was going to walk her to the bus stop on her first day, but apparently that isn't cool when you are in middle school.

So, I was relegated to standing on the porch, covertly taking photos.

Lucky for Mikayla we have a good view and I have a good camera lens! (I am sure she would shudder at the thought of me right there next to the bus asking her to smile for the camera! LOL!)




At least it was okay to walk the other kids to the bus. In fact, we were one of the only families there that only had mom walk them...most brought mom AND dad!







I think Katie was only one who didn't enjoy seeing the kids go off to school!

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh, that Joshy...I'm so excited for him!

Anonymous said...

It's the MOST wonderful time of the year . . . So, when do we shop?

Brianna said...

So cute! I'm so glad school has started!

Floyd Family said...

What a great day! The kids look so cute. I hope Josh loved his first "real" day of school!

Melanie said...

Everyone looks so cute! Great pictures as always too!

Lara said...

You're lucky you can even see the middle school bus stop from your house. Ours is 1/2 mile away, so we've usually just ended up just driving him all the way to school.

Your kids are all so cute!

Paulette said...

Yea for you, a little time alone. Can't believe Josh is all day at school. Enjoy the quiet. They kids all looked so cute.
Love you.

Amy said...

And then there were 2.

Crazy, huh? Aidan likes to wait in the front yard for the kids. He can't wait until 3:30!

Amberlyn said...

Once again, amazing photos. You did such a great job capturing the day. I LOVE Katie peaking out the window!!
Priceless!!!

There were no tears and boogers at our house either. Just a whole lot of JOY!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails