Saturday, March 1, 2008

Too Much and Not Enough

It's funny how the smallest things can throw off the delicate balance of our lives.

Things can be going so well and the tiniest thing can send you off in totally unexpected direction. And sometimes the change is good, and sometimes it isn't.

I am on my way out of the little funk I was in, but I needed a good kick in the pants to keep going in the right direction.

Today I went to a Stake Relief Society Meeting. It was so good...and just the kick I needed!

I really came away with a sense that my Heavenly Father loves me and knows me...and it is such a wonderful feeling!

A couple of the quotes the teacher shared were:

President Hinckley said, "Life is to be enjoyed, not endured."

and

President Kimball said, "Heaven is a place, but also a condition; it is home and family. It is understanding and kindness. It is quiet, sane living."

I mean, really, who couldn't use a little more enjoyment? A little more quiet? And a little more sanity?

It was funny, when the teacher shared the President Kimball quote, one sister near me said, "Did she say, quiet, INSANE living?"

Yeah. Aren't we all doing a little too much of that?

More than anything, I feel like there is so much reason to be joyful, to be full of hope, and that as we move forward, we can know that all will be well. We are the Lord's and He is ours, and together, nothing is impossible.

2 comments:

Puhlman said...

Denise, I just have to say I always enjoy your comments. Anytime you comment for whatever reason IT IS SO PROFOUND. Thanks for the great comments. You amaze me.

Ashby said...

Sounds like an awesome meeting! Love that quote by President Kimball. I need to write that down!

Related Posts with Thumbnails