Monday, January 14, 2008

Money Well Spent?







My Emma has been complaining that there are not enough blogs about her.

(Is she her father's daugther, or what?)

So today, after spending the morning at the orthodontist, we have this post.







Let's call it:

Ode to the Expensive Retainer

Thou piece of expensive steel.
Thou bits of pink and blue plastic.
Oh, but you cost, how much I cannot say.
An arm, a leg, a pound of flesh.
What madness is this?
Bad teeth we have. That is all.
And now, retainers too.

What can I say? Spending thousands of dollars on little bits of nothing makes me a nutty.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for orthodontics and lovely smiles in the long run!

My relationship with Dr. Baugh began when I was 9. He eliminated the gap between my two front teeth and put me in head gear -- ugh. Later, he put garage-door springs between my top and lower jaws... that was a delightful look ;)

Sarah said...

I had a retainer in grade school and look where it's gotten me- lots of work for no pay. Retainers rock!

Paul said...

I think you mean a little nuttier. Glad the appointment went well.

Robin said...

Oh the price we pay for beauty! They both look pretty happy about it. Beautiful kids deserve beautiful smiles.

Lara said...

I already know that we'll be getting to know our orthodontist very well AND contributing significantly to his retirement fund over the next several years...but two at a time! Ouch!

Amy said...

Man- your kids are brave. Hannah wouldn't even let me mention in our Christmas letter that we even went to the orthodontist. Apparently it's a big secret. :)

Amy said...

So how 'bout it? Want to design my blog? Think about it- I'll trade you- what is something I can do for you? You need to read my post to Robin's blog first to understand why I say this. Love ya! :)

BTW- I'm totally serious....

Related Posts with Thumbnails