Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Joy of Motherhood

So the conversation went like this:

"Mommy, what are you going to be when you grow up?"

"What do you mean Joshy I am grown up."

"No, when are you going to get a job, like Dad?"

"Oh, a job. Well, you see Josh, I already have a job. I stay at home and take care of you and your brother and sisters, and the house and stuff."

"That's not a job."

"Yes, it is. And you are very lucky, because if I went to work then you would have to go to daycare and we wouldn't be able to spend all this time together, doing fun things."

"That's okay Mom. You can get a job. I WANT to go to daycare."

"You do? Why?"

"Because you boss me around."

Oh the joy.

The rest of the conversation was spent discussing why I boss him around and how it's a good thing.

In the end, I don't think he bought it.

1 comment:

The Valentine Fam said...

That was too cute! I'm pretty sure Lucas thinks I boss him around too much, but it's only out of love! Although, I dang near put him up for sale yesterday after he decided to take off his diaper and smear poop on the carpet!

Sorry about the fender bender. Glad you're all okay.

Related Posts with Thumbnails