Monday, January 7, 2008

The Magic of Ordinary Days

I love this phrase.

The Magic of Ordinary Days.

Most of the time, this is how I feel about my life. Life is good. There is magic in being with my children, and doing for them, and for my husband, and every now and again, for myself. The beauty of my life is in the journey, and the joy I find in the everyday.

But today, is not one of those days.

Today the dishes are piled so high I can't even do them. The counters are dirty. The floor is disgusting. And the laundry...oh the laundry...with six kids, we do more laundry than you can imagine, and today, I just don't feel like it.

I can admit (though not proudly) that I don't have the tidiest house on the block, but I do usually manage to hold my own (its usually clean, although often cluttered)...especially considering how many people we actually have running around this house.

But today, there is no magic. Just dirt.

Why don't moms have sick leave?

1 comment:

Amy said...

How 'bout I fly out from Costa Mesa sometime and help with the clean-up? (c:

Related Posts with Thumbnails