Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Worst Mom, Ever

So, in my quest to win as many awards as possible, and having recently collected meanest mom, ever, and most unproductive person on the planet awards, today, I win worst mom, ever.

I know, really, is that bad?

Well, here is the photographic evidence to support my claim.

My son, the son who in this post had to stay home from church because I was trying to win the meanest mom award, wore THESE shoes to school.

Hello.

So, the following conversation ensued.

"Um. Joseph. How long have your shoes been like that?"

"I don't know."

"Okay. When were you going to tell me that your shoes were like that?"

"I don't know."

"Why didn't you tell me that your shoes were like that?"

"I don't know."

"Let's try a new question. What do you know?"

"Well, it's fun to run in these shoes. My feet don't get hot."

(This is of course the point in the conversation where I try NOT to run screaming down the road.)

Instead, I ask, "Didn't anyone say anything about your shoes?"

"Oh yeah. My teacher wanted to know why I didn't get new shoes."

Oh, good. Your teacher noticed. And I didn't. I get to be THAT mom today. (So eat your heart out Melanie!)

P.S. Confidential to my FEMALE readers

Question?

What do you get after pumping breast milk for an entire year?

Answer.

In addition to this cute bit of loveliness?


Well, the correct answer would two giant rocks where my boobs used to be.

(I know, TMI.)

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Bad Mom! Were his toes soaked after today?

Melanie said...

If it makes you feel any better, the teacher had to send me an email about the preschool getting Happy Meals on Friday because it's been in Blake's bag for 5 days and I hadn't looked yet!

And from one pumper to another, way to go you awesome amazing lady for keeping that up all this time. You are the BEST and totally deserve a trip to the spa!

Sarah said...

Ouch on the rock-hard ladies. BTDT. So does that mean you're done??? I'm so jealous!

Shaunae said...

Those shoes rock! Ashton's shoes look a little like those and being the worst mom ever too :), I superglued them shut to last a few more weeks until it's sandals all summer. You rock Denise for your honesty! I love your blog!

Amberlyn said...

Dang girl, I hope you bought those shoes at Sears!!! Cause if you did, you'd be able to exchange them for nada!! Just ask Amy.

On a happy note, Dang girl, your floors shine like the top of the Chrysler Building!!!!

Lara said...

Spencer has shoes that look just like that...I guess they just don't make shoes like they used to.

Robbie said...

Denise,
Get in line-I'm sure your not even in the worst mom ever running.
By the way what is your e-mail address? Super cute blog (as always!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails