Saturday, June 14, 2008

World Traveller, NOT

So, I just dropped Troy off at the airport and discovered something about myself...

I do not think I am a world traveller.

It has been a hectic little while for us preparing for our trip to Paris and our subsequent vacation to the west.

So, really, we haven't talked too much about the ins and outs of Paris, nor of me getting there, except that I am to get on a flight on Tuesday and make my way to the hotel.

Sounds easy enough, right?

Except that once I get to the airport I have to take a train into Paris and then transfer THREE times on the metro to get to the hotel. Even then, once I get off the metro, I still have to figure out where the hotel is.

Troy is an especially seasoned traveller, and this doesn't seem to both him at all...not to mention the fact that he gets to take a cab from the airport to the hotel because work is paying for his trip (unlike mine).

So, as he is telling me what to do and where to go, I think I started to panic. Not to mention that I got to thinking about the two days I have to "adventure" on my own while Troy finishes up his meetings (gulp).

I am TOTALLY excited, I just hope I can get my knees to stop knocking long enough to get there!!!!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm telling you...I'll fork out the $15 to hide in a suitcase and help you out!

Just think of it as an adventure! You're going to have the time of your life! And you'll have so much to take pictures of and scrapbook about along the way!

Kimber said...

When I was in Austria with Acclamation many moons ago, I unexpectedly needed to come home early. So began my 24-hour solo adventure, complete with a layover in Brussels - one of the scariest international airports around. It was a bit unnerving, but I actually survived the experience and felt a certain pride once all was said and done - as I'm sure you will, too :)

Melanie said...

I would be scared too! But you can do it! What an adventure! I especially jealous of your two days by yourself. That would be amazing! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Charlene said...

Oh Denise! You are going to have so much fun once you get there!! Please send pictures! That is probably the only way I will get to see Paris!

Lara said...

I can't wait to see all of your pics and scrapbook pages.

Have fun!!!!!!!

Hilary said...

I would be awful at it....
Good luck, my thoughts will be with you.

Floyd Family said...

Just remember how nice it is to travel alone!!!! You don't have to entertain anyone, you don't have to clean up anyone, and you don't have to take anyone to the bathroom. You'll do great. The subway system in Paris isn't that complicated, and you have plenty of experience reading the maps in DC. I wish I were going with you...but then you wouldn't get to travel alone. (I'm not too tough to entertain...and I think I can handle the bathroom thing...)

Related Posts with Thumbnails