Sunday, June 15, 2008

So Many Men...

I have been sitting here trying to figure out what I could write that would honor the fathers in my life.

First, there is my own, sweet dad.

He is a great guy and I have always admired him. Thinking back, some of my favorite memories from my childhood were spent with my family, and in particular my dad.

When I was young, he worked a lot, so it seemed like those times that he was home were particularly special. And even though he spent a lot of time at work, he was really good about taking vacation and we would always go someplace really great.

We have seen a lot of this country because my parents took us everywhere! I didn't realize at the time how wonderful this was!

One thing that I really remember is that my dad used to have a motorcycle and he would take me for rides. Holy cow, but that was fun! I know my dad really enjoyed riding. And then, when it came time to get a car, Dad took his motorcycle and used it as the down payment on my car. I don't know if that was hard for him, or not, but I really loved that motorcycle and I appreciate that he would give that up for me. (I appreciate even more now that I am a parent.)

My dad is a big kidder too. Sheesh. He lives to give people a hard time...I do think that I may have inherited this from him.

He is funny and kind and I really love him.

The second dad in my life is my good father-in-law. He is such a hard worker and has done so well by his family.

I wish that Troy were here to tell you some great stories from his childhood, but I can tell you that Lewis (Louie to his friends!) is funny and generous. He is always willing to help whoever is in need, no matter what.

I have always admired his ability to let go of things that bother him and never to hold a grudge. He is such an example to me of someone who believes that everything will work out in the end.

I really love him too.

And finally, my own dear husband, the father to my children.

I wish that Troy were here to celebrate Father's Day with us. It isn't the same without him.

But, the children were able to talk to him today and wish him a Happy Father's Day. They even sang to him on the phone. It was super cute!

I know I give Troy a hard time about a lot of things, but he is the BEST DAD EVER! He is good to the children, he loves them, he teaches them, and is endlessly patient with them.

He is the fun one (sigh). But, that's okay. I'm glad they can have at least one fun parent in their lives.

He too is kidder, as is my father-in-law, so between these three men, I don't stand a chance.

But I love it. And I love all of them.

So, Happy Father's Day to my three favorite dads!

2 comments:

Charlene said...

You have some great men in your life! I do remember your dad being such a kidder when we met him. He made us feel welcome in his home! I miss the times when we hung out and joked around; that is why I am so glad I get to read about you and your family. They bring me closer!

Rustiroo said...

Hi Denise! My name is Rustie. I just a followed a blog link to another blog link out of fun and spotted the name Tony Beatty whom I knew from HHS! He probably has no recollection of who I am seeing how I was a peon freshman when he was a senior but he was such an amazing example with his spiritual priorities and his kindness to others I just had to put a post on here and at least tell him "hi" and "thank you" :D

I love seeing the top picture of your family! I can only imagine lots of laughter and fun with them all...and not enough sleep. lol But there never seems to be enough and I only have 3! lol whew...I need to toughen up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails