Monday, June 9, 2008

Woo hoo!

So, I am happy to tell you that the contest that I put my life (and my family's life) on hold for during May is over and today they announced the winner...

I won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (See here if you are interested.)

I have really enjoyed digital scrapbooking, as I am sure you are aware, since I reguarly insist on boring you with my layouts.

But I actaully really LOVE it. It is a creative outlet for me that is so exciting, and I really feel like I have something that is just mine.

There are so many parts of my life that belong to other people...and I wouldn't change my life for anything. But I am so excited to have something that I am really passionate about and that brings me some external validation.

...again, I wouldn't change my life, but if I am being honest I will tell you that there aren't very many thank yous or much appreciate for being a mom. That isn't why I do it, but having had a "job" for so many years, there is something to be said for paychecks, raises, and performance reviews.

And now with my scrapbooking, I get to share what I love and recieve feedback from others who also love it. It is such a great feeling.

So, the prize I won?

Well, it was supposed to be a one month guest spot of the creative team of the scrapbook site whose contest I won. But, they have actually offered me a full time spot on their team.

This basically means I get to scrapbook to my hearts content with all the digital scrapbooking products they have available....basically a scrapaholic's dream come true!

15 comments:

Melanie said...

Holy Crap!! That's awesome and totally worth every minute. I'm totally jealous of all the shopping you'll be able to do! Congrats!

Brianna said...

Way to go for you! Glad you get to do something that makes you so happy.

Jolinda said...

Jealousy ensues!! You are my hero! I looked at all 113 layouts. They are incredible! You really do have a gift. Congrats to you!

What program do you use to scrap?

Denise said...

Photoshop Elements. It is a good, basic program.

Puhlman said...

WOW Denise. Winner of 31 entries. Awesome. And too bad you still had time to check out my blog at a very BAD time. HEHEHE. I am so impressed.

Paul said...

Congrats Denise. Well played.

Hilary said...

YAY!!!!
Really, I love your pages.
You are a genius.
I bow to you. :)
I have a few digi pages to make... perhaps you can give me some tips. Although, usually when I choose digi, it's because I have about 12 million pictures to go on it. :)

Floyd Family said...

Congrtulations - I'm impressed. Scrapbooking talent has been something I've always envied. Way to go!

alexandra said...

Holy Scrap, Batman! Denise, you are all that AND a bag of chips (but we already knew that)!

Lara said...

Congratulations! What an honor and a fun one at that!

The Valentine Fam said...

You deserve this! You do a fantastic job. I love all the layouts.

Congrats. They are lucky to have you on their team.

Charlene said...

I can't believe all the scrapbook layouts you did!!! Congratulations! They look great. I need to take that first step and get my butt in gear and digital scrapbook!

Paulette said...

Congratulations!! You are so talented. I am glad your my sister.Paulette

Robin said...

OMG (Gosh)! That is Incredible! You never cease to amaze and astound!

Robin said...

BTW: I think my fav is "My to do list"

Related Posts with Thumbnails