Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Beward of 5 Year Old

So, funny little story.

Remember that when you tell things to your five-year-old, no matter what it is, they might actually repeat it to someone else.

Josh was telling me how impressed he was with his brother Joe, who had learned a magic trick at scouts.

Josh thought it was pretty cool that his brother could do magic. So, I told Josh that I also could do a magic trick.

His eyes got really BIG, and he said, "Is it a card trick?"

I said, "Nope. It's better."

"I can make an entire hamburger disappear, completely."

"Wow," he said. "Can you make it reappear?"

"No, but that's part of the trick."

"Awesome!" he says.

Man, I LOVE 5 year olds!

So, I go on my merry way and don't think another thing of it, until Tamee brings Josh home from a playdate and says, "Hey, I heard a funny story."

Yep.

Josh retold the hamburger story, and of course emphasized the part where at the end of the trick, there isn't ANY hamburger left...not even one bite!

And on a completely unrelated note, since so many of my friends are OBSESSED with saving money while shopping, I just had to talk about my "Deal of the Day".

We got $11.34 worth of Baskin Robbins ice cream for $1.86. I love 31 cent day! Woo hoo.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

A) don't mock my joy.
b) I wanted ice cream, Drew shot me down. Dang him.

Tamee said...

LOVE Josh!! I'll never forget the excitement on his face when he told me about your magical skills.

Related Posts with Thumbnails