Monday, February 21, 2011

Menu Monday

Nearly two months of cooking big dinners and my waistline is starting to notice. I have gained 5 pounds.

So...this weeks recipes will be brought to use by the cooking light website.

But...before we get to this week, let's review last week.

Can I just say how good the meals from the taste of home website were?

Asian Chicken Thighs -- these were soooo good and soooo easy! I thought they had a good flavor -- and it's hard to go wrong with thighs. They always end up moist. KEEPER

Chickaritos -- these were super good as well, however, puff pastry is super expensive and for that reason alone, I probably won't make these again.

Corn Bread Taco Bake -- ohmygosh. This is as close as I will probably get to making a casserole -- and when you haven't grown up on them -- they are not something I really make. But this was so GOOD! I mean it. REALLY REALLY good! KEEPER

Creamy White Chili -- this dish was delicious...and about 30 minutes to make start to finish. KEEPER

Light Chicken Cordon Bleu -- I realized after I made this that I don't really like deli ham -- so, although this was good...it's not a keeper for me.

Savory Pumpkin Ravioli -- I did not end up making this dish. With a 2 hour prep time, I just wasn't up to it. But I do hope to make it some day. Cause I just love pumpkin pasta!

This week:

Pizza Margherita
Mushroom Bolognese
Thai Basil Beef
Roasted Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta
Curry Ginger Butternut Squash Soup

1 comment:

Lara said...

Taste of Home has always been my favorite place to find new recipes. I love your recipe report each week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails