Monday, February 14, 2011

Menu Monday

Well...I have to say, the cooking is going is well. We are all eating well and gaining weight.

**big sigh**

But...I'm determined to keep it up and am working hard to burn a few extra calories during the day. Hopefully my motivation will come back soon. If you've seen it, please...send it home. : )

Last Week's Menu Review:

Carrot Cake Pancakes with Maple Cream Frosting -- this was very good, however, the carrots freaked some of the kids out. They suggested next time I make the pumpkin pancakes with the maple cream frosting...cause really, the sweeter the better. lol! 

Puffed French Toast -- this was also pretty good. It tasted just like funnel cakes. But I think next time I will save a step and just use this delicious bater and make funnel cakes instead.

Potato Quiche -- this was so good...I made a HUGE pan and the kids ate it all! KEEPER 

Huevos Ree-os -- this was just yummy. only the older kids liked it, but it was easy to make with and without the salsa. KEEPER

Biscuits and Gravy -- I adore biscuits and gravy and I was so dang proud of myself for making it. And it was YUM - O. Again...easy to eat these with or without the gravy -- so everyone was happy. KEEPER

Make Ahead Muffin Melts -- making these tomorrow, I'll let you know.

So..onto this week.

Do you have a favorite cooking magazine? I have LOTS! One of them being Taste of Home. And of course, taste of home has a wonderful website with tons of great recipes. So this week...we are having:


I have never used puff pastry nor made my own pasta...so I am super excited to try these new techniques.

It's been fun to be cooking...I am actually really enjoying it. And in addition to feeding my family really well...I'm also able to stay in my grocery budget with these detailed menus. 

Are you guys cooking more? Have you tried anything new you like?


2 comments:

Shari said...

Grant has been asking for biscuits and gravy for a couple of weeks now. I don't know where he has even heard of them since I've never cooked them. I think I need you to link me up to your recipe. :)

Shari said...

never mind, I found it. I should have known it would be Pioneer Woman. Who else would make the best biscuits and gravy but a pioneer woman? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails