Monday, February 7, 2011

Menu Monday

Attention: Blog Stalkers, Lurkers and People Who Read Without Commenting.

Oh yeah. You know who you are.

Before I post this week's menus, just wanted to make a request for additional cooking websites that you have tried and liked. If I am going to continue with my quest to cook everyday for my family, I am going to need a few more websites to try out. So come...leave me a link to your favorite.

Okay...to review last week's menu:

Red Thai Curry: I thought this was just okay, although Troy really liked it. I am going to keep looking for a thai curry that I really like.

Chicken Parmigiana: This was A-MAZING. I love it and will definitely be making it again.  KEEPER


Beef with Snow Peas: This was really good, and one that the kids really liked as well. KEEPER


Pioneer Woman's Favorite Hamburger: Omyword..I LOVED this one, as did all the kids. It was just the best hamburger -- I did not use the tabasco...since Troy doesn't like that flavor. And I added avocado, red onions and teriyaki sauce to the burgers.  To die for!  KEEPER


Pan Fried Pork Chops: I thought this was okay...however, I prefer just to season my chops with season all and pan fry them without oil. Healthier and tastier. Not a keeper.

Josh's verdict? He was just glad we had pasta one night...that he could eat without sauce. **big sigh**

Since this has all been very hard on Josh who has just been getting by at dinner...eating small bits of this and that...I decided we would change it up a little for him and try and make a majority of meals he would like, rather than continuing to torture him -- although, I am sure he will feel plenty tortured next week when I go back to cooking normal meals.

So...what are we having this week? Breakfast for dinner.

Tonight we hand Pioneer Woman's Perfect Pancakes. Which, although very good, are not nearly as good as Jennifer Thomas's seriously kick butt pancakes -- since it is a family recipe I won't post them here until I check with her first.

For the remainder of the week:

Carrot Cake Pancakes with Maple Cream Frosting
Puffed French Toast
Make Ahead Muffin Melts
Potato Quiche
Huevos Ree-os
Biscuits and Gravy -- although she uses store bought dough, I will be making these biscuits instead.

And remember, if you know any good food blogs, send me a link!

4 comments:

Mary said...

OK fine. I don't know many food blogs...craft blogs...now we'll talk. But here are a few that I get some recipes from.

http://www.afarmgirlsdabbles.com/
http://tidymom.net/ (I want to try her homemade pizza roll)

And then I use Kraft and Betty Crocker too...real creative, huh?

EmmaJ said...

I like the ones found at Everyday Food. They are usually pretty classic, but with a twist and all from scratch.

http://www.marthastewart.com/everyday-food

Lara said...

Here's a great resource for you:
http://orgjunkie.com/2011/01/recipe-index-round-up.html

It's an index of different food blogs' recipe indexes...basically an index of indexes. :)

Jenn said...

Ok can I come eat at your house this week? Especially for the french toast? YUMMY! I think Josh and I would get along well :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails