Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Has It Come To This?

So I went to Costco yesterday...and can I just tell you, that shopping for groceries, in October, to Christmas music is enough to turn your stomach.

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas as much as the next person, but we haven't even had Halloween yet!!!!

And, if that wasn't crazy enough, waiting in line for gas at Costco, with 50 other people was surreal.

Seriously.

Gas was unbelievable $2.67 compared to the regular gas stations at $2.99, but 50 people?

And, since I am on a roll, can I just tell you that my milk and my gas were the same price per gallon?

$100 for a full tank of gas and a weeks worth of milk.

We either need to drive less or stop drinking milk.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Whoa! $2.67? I thought I got a deal at $2.92 last week! And I love the Christmas stuff...call me crazy...

Amberlyn said...

Your gas is CHEAP out there. We are paying 3.24 a gallon. I guess I need to move my family to VA.

Sarah said...

Wow! I never thought I'd consider VA cheap, but your gas and milk is a steal compared to here! I paid $3.59 for gas last week (it has since gone down to $3.29) and our milk is $3.99 a gallon. It's insane how much food has gone up recently!!! I think we're all going to have to start riding bicycles and milking our own cows.

lbugsh2 said...

I have to agree with you girl its wrong. I was having a hard time when the first week in October I was at home depot and they had christmas stuff out already. It was wrong.

lilluv89 said...

Ahh the Christmas before Thanksgiving thing drives me nuts! I feel your pain our family needs to buy a cow.

The Beatty Beehive said...

I think I go through more milk than gasoline these days. I hate the Christmas thing in October. Plus Thanksgiving (my favorite) just gets skipped over. Enjoy the Fall season, it encompasses it all!

Lara said...

$2.67!? That's more than 50 cents a gallon cheaper than here...maybe I should start driving out to Manassas for gas!

Jolinda said...

The same as everyone else...

Gas is $3.55 out here and we're lucky to get milk any cheaper!! We feed 11 so I'm sure we go through more milk than gas unless you combine all the cars the 4 adults drive!! Crazy!!

As for the holiday thing, I like all the separate holidays! No Christmas before Thanksgiving!!

Sheri said...

Yet another reason to move to Vegas. I tell ya! Miss you guys tons! Keep blogging love ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails