Monday, October 20, 2008

Half Full Today

I think that some of the Taylor's bad luck rubbed off on us today.

Troy missed the train. And you know what that means...I won a trip to DC.

And then, when I got back from driving him to work, I went to the gym, and just as I got the kids out of the car, and went to reach for the diaper bag, Becky sweetly shut the door...locking both the diaper bag and the keys to the car inside.

But, where I might normally be very grumpy right about now, I am instead feeling grateful for tender mercies.

So, even though I had to drive Troy to work this morning, all went well and we didn't hit any traffic.

And even though the keys got locked in the car, Tamee was still at the gym and was able to drive us home so I could get the extra set of car keys.

And, there are so many more tender mercies I have been able to enjoy during these (and other) times of trial recently.

So today, instead of looking the glass half empty, I see it more than half full.

And it only took 13 years of marriage to Troy for me to be a little optimistic.

Egads. What's next?

1 comment:

Micho said...

You have always been so interesting to talk with. I now get to get on your blog and be a part of your life in some small little way. You are an amazing woman....I agree with you...silverware...it is just a minor detail...who needs it? I am already done eating when my kids come to the table from picking at everything while I am cooking... love your guts, Denise!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails