Saturday, July 4, 2009

She's Back

Well...does she look any different? Older? Wiser?



Mikayla came home full of stories of all the fun she had at girl's camp. I am so happy for her. She said it was the best time...she really enjoyed all the activities and is currently regaling us with all the songs she learned at camp. (Fun for us.)

Really...I'm glad that she had such a good time. Better yet, she also had many spiritual experiences that really helped her get a grasp on her own personal testimony and I am most grateful for that.

I think she is really at an age where she is figuring out what is most important, and I know that while her Dad and I still have a lot of influence on her, she is being influenced by other people and in other ways, and I am just so glad that she has set herself on a good path.

If camp helps her walk that path with a little more confidence, then I can't ask for more than that.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Although I had some decisively negative views of girls camp in Utah -- I think it's an extra-special-amazing thing outside the Utah circle. I'm glad she had a good time.

Lara said...

When I was making that post of Spencer coming back from Scout Camp I was laughing as I compared it to this one with Mikayla. Mikayla looks so serene and beautiful and Spencer looks like he he just got out of a WWF match or something. Cami goes off to her first Girls' Camp next week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails