Sunday, July 5, 2009

Let Freedom Ring

It has been such a great weekend. I love the 4th of July and all that it means to celebrate this land we live in and the wonderful freedom we enjoy.

At church today...we sang the Star Spangled Banner and it was wonderful to hear this song in this context and think of it as a song of praise...of worship...and of gratitude.

On Saturday we had a little BBQ and the kids thoroughly enjoyed a wet and wild day.






As well as a loud and colorful one.







And I just wanted to say thanks for all the birthday wishes. I could not have asked for a better birthday, or more thoughtful family and friends. It was a wonderful day.

5 comments:

delilas said...

Happy Birthday, Denise. The sparkler designs are so great. Happy 4th of July!

alexandra said...

Oh, birthday, yes, um. . .

Love the pics of the kids and the sparkler drawings. We bought fireworks at Costco (the smallest size they sold) and they didn't even have sparklers! Someone told me they'd been banned as well, so apparently my source was incorrect or I need to figure out where you got your contraband, I mean, sparklers.

Kimber said...

I hope you had a very happy birthday! It looks like your family had a fun 4th of July.

Jolinda said...

Sorry I missed your birthday! Hope it was great!!

I loved your sentiments about the SSB. I witnessed a similar feeling at the Smithsonian. I almost can't make it through that song ever without it touching my heart to tears. Love that.

shannon said...

Awesome sparkler pics!

Related Posts with Thumbnails