Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day One

I really like breaks -- time off -- periods where we can reflect and ponder and resolve to change.

I know, for me, sometimes the resolutions don't last very long -- but I still find it helpful to continue to make those resolutions.

The last couple of years I have chosen one word to focus on during the course of the year.

Last year's word was Patience...and I did okay, but I definitely have a long way to go.

This year...I have chosen the word CHOOSE.

I want to really think about each day and the things I want to accomplish. I want to have a sense of purpose and meaning to the things i'm doing and I want to make the best choices possible.

I feel like I let too many moments pass without enjoying them. I want to make better choices for myself and for my family.

I know not every moment is going to be special or full, but so many of them can be more than they currently are.

I want to use this word in application to my relationships -- to the things that I say and do. I want to get to the point where I pause before I say things and make sure that i'm not short or impatient...and make sure that I am choosing and doing the things that I should.

It's a big change for me.

I am such a shoot by the hip person...saying exactly what's on my mind. But that isn't always the best thing and I am committed to becoming a better person.

1 comment:

EmmaJ said...

Good word! My word this year is gentle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails