Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Musings

Church was so good today and just exactly what I needed.

I realized as I was sitting in Sacrament Meeting that I had just passed the anniversary of my baptism.

And then I really started doing the math.

25 years.

WHAT?

How did 25 years pass right before my eyes?

And where would I be if I had not found the gospel?

It has shaped my entire life.

It influenced my choices.

It led me to attend BYU.

It helped me find my eternal companion.

It changed my perspective on kids and family.

It has provided me with the greatest source of hope, and love and encouragement I have ever had.

These last 25 years have not been without trial and sacrifice.

And my testimony has waxed and waned.

But I feel very blessed to be in a moment where I feel very close to my Savior. And I feel the spirit often.

Even today, as I pondered on the last 25 years, the spirit was overwhelming -- telling me to get up and share what I know.

I hate that. LOL.

I'd much rather sit and listen, but I could not let the moment pass. I felt too much.

How thankful I am for all the blessings that come from believing in a Savior and a loving Heavenly Father.

Even when there are things that I don't understand -- or trials that seem to hard to bear -- I know that I can turn to God and He will help me through.

1 comment:

delilas said...

Thank You Denise for your great example!

Related Posts with Thumbnails