Friday, August 19, 2011

16 years later

It's August 19th.

16 years ago today:

I was 24 years old.
Living in Provo.
In between my 2nd and 3rd year of law school.
Crazy Nervous.

...and right about this time of day...I was just married.


I know everyone always said they married their best friend, but the truth of the matter is...I didn't yet know Troy well enough to call him my best friend.

We dated for just 30 days before becoming engaged.

I know that's crazy short and I'd have a fit if one of my kids decided to do that...but when you know, you know.

And believe me, I KNEW.

After being engaged for a few weeks, Troy left for a study abroad in Russia.

We were apart for almost our entire engagement.

So...on my wedding day I did not marry my best friend.

But...16 years later, i'm so grateful to say that I am married to him now.

The love that we share...it's been tried and tested...and has grown with every trial we have faced together.

And we are both better for it.

So, let me just say Happy Anniversary Troy.

I am ever grateful that we keep working on it...and keep making it better.

So glad that we are on the same page about where we are going and how we want to get there.


i love you!

6 comments:

alexandra said...

Ah, so sweet! I love that wedding photo of the two of you. You should start curling your bangs like that again! And Troy should start - oh, wait, not really a possibility anymore! You know I'm only laughing because Jeff's in the same receding boat.

Pressed Petals said...

congrats! what wonderful journaling!

Monique said...

Happy anniversary, Troy & Denise!!
Only sixteen years.... Let's hope for many more to come!

Mariko said...

eeek! I love the wedding picture!!

Happy Anniversary Denise and Troy!!

Sheri said...

Wow you two are getting old! I am so happy for you guys.
We love and miss you!!!

Jen said...

I love this! Seeing your wedding picture brought back memories of that day. Time flies...not sure how 16 years have gone by...love you and congrats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails