Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Party All The Time

One of the things the kids really enjoyed on vacation was a day trip to King's Dominion...we went on opening day and it was very crowded. They have twice as many as they expected.


But..the kids still really had a good time.

I spent most of the day with Katie and Becky in the kiddie land, while the bigger kids and Troy all ventured off to do the big roller coaster.

Becky is at the perfect age for this stuff. She is old enough to understand what waiting in line means, but young enough to be thrilled to ride on anything that moves.


Ohmyword. The kids driving. The thought sends chills down my spine. This ride was funny because all the kids wanted to drive. So Mikayla drove Becky who was too small to drive.


Emma wanted to be by herself.


Josh kept asking why everytime he went on a ride, why did a bigger kid get to drive and not him? So...he drove Troy.
And I sat in the back seat and let Joe drive...while hanging on for dear life. How come Katie doesn't look scared? (Do you love her HUGE goose egg? That's from just walking around and falling.)


I love after we go someplace like this because Josh always says, "That was the best day ever!"


And of course, no family vacation is complete unless someone needs medical attention. And this trip it was me.

Seriously, we made it the whole entire vacation, the entire day at King's Dominion, and on the last ride of the day I don't know what I touched, but I started to break out in hives up and down my left arm...pretty quickly they started to spread up my arm and across my body.

I was so itchy and getting puffier and puffier by the second. We high tailed it over to the first aid station, where the nice man behind the counter offered my lotion.

REALLY?

I said I could really use an antihistamine....and so they called a paramedic. He was pretty concerned about it, thankfully, so he gave me a shot of benadryl, which I am happy to say took effect immediately. ohhhhhh....the relief. (Of course I was in a haze for the rest of the night and much of the next day.)

So, they kept me for a while to make sure things started to calm down and we were able to make it home without further incident.

ah....vacation.

5 comments:

Helena said...

King's Island, in Ohio, is close to where I grew up, but I have been to King's Dominion once. King's Island used to have an antique car ride like that, but they took it out for some reason. Bummer.

Lara said...

Wow, what a scary experience with the hives. I wonder what on earth it could have been to trigger such an immediate and severe reaction. Paramedic visits aside, it looks like fun day for all. I love the photos!

Chelsey said...

Photos are amazing! I am sending you a message!

Paul said...

That picture of the plane ride is amazing. Looks like a blast

Troy said...

It makes me tired just thinking about everything we did that week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails