Thursday, July 24, 2008

Where the Girls Are...

So, I have been praciticing my Free Range Parenting.

California was really great for giving the kids opportunities to do some stuff on their own.

Mikayla and her cousin Lita were able to spend some time on their own at Knott's.

The older kids were able to ride their bikes to the park and spend some time exploring.

Mikayla, Emma, and Joe all have a little new found freedom. Fun for them, scary for me.

And now, Mikayla and Emma have gone to spend a week with their friends in Spanish Fork.

They haven't really done something like this before and I wanted to give them some space...so I didn't call them right away.

Finally, yesterday I called them to see how they were doing.

Needless to say, they are having a blast.

There was so much going on they barely had time to talk...it was a hi, bye conversation.

When I asked Mikayla what they were running off to do, she said, "DDR".

"DDR? What is that?"

"Oh, mom," (insert a big "you're so out of it" sigh here, and what I am sure was the rolling of eyes), "DDR. Dance, dance revoltion."

I have officially crossed over into lame parent territory.

Oh well, at least I have little ones that still think I rock!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Good job Denise! Sounds like the kids are love it!

Andrea said...

I must still be cool--I knew what DDR was!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails