Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cowboy Up!

We went out to Grandpa's ranch, and the kids could not have had more fun. Holy cow.

We went four-wheeling, we shot the air gun, ran through the sprinklers, and even went frog hunting. It was boy heaven!

And of course, we found a little time to take some photos.

Grandpa was giving rides on the 4 wheeler. He even gave Joe a lesson so he could ride by himself...he was thrilled. And Josh and Becky were just happy to be there. They both just kept yelling, faster, go, faster!!! Speed demons. (They get that from their dad.)

And, my favorite part was watching Grandma and Grandpa go for a ride.

Joe is a pretty good shot. He hit the target right on a couple of times.











Josh is so small, he can't reach the trigger when he's got the stock on his shoulder, but with a little help, he hit the target too.

And of course, so did I!

I am looking forward to challenge Troy to a little shooting match when he gets here










And then there were the frogs and sprinklers.







It looked a little like Moses had sent a plague of frogs, but the kids were in frog heaven. Becky even wanted to hold some until they started to jump on her, and then she FREAKED out. She sent the frogs flying every which way.

And the kids were good sport and posed for some photos for me.














And, I finally got one of Katie standing up. She has been standing on her own for a couple of weeks, but every time I try to get a picture she sits down. So, I am thinking that it won't be long until she takes off...heaven help us then!

We love the ranch!

5 comments:

Paul said...

Yeah for Katie standing!

Melanie said...

Ooohh! Love the ranch! It looks like a kids dream!! I used to love riding a 4 wheeler at G-ma's house. I felt so grown up!! Your trip looks great!

Andrea said...

Awesome photos (especially Joe and Becky's). Glad to see you got some time away from the heckling glares of the computer haters!!

Anonymous said...

Great pics of the kids. My grandpa had one of those riding lawn mowers, but I think I was the only kid who was too scared to get on it!

Shaunae said...

Love the little frogs! Now those are the way the west coast makes them... small and cute. What fun times you've had. I love the small town version of your trip. The pioneer day parade is classic small Mormon town. Rock on! I remember being part of one when I was little and it was so cool!

Related Posts with Thumbnails