Well, it's official...and really just so sad.
Troy is officially closer to 40 than he is to 30. And I hope you will all join me in waving goodbye to Troy's youth.
Okay, seriously, the guy is still practically a spring chicken, but I am enjoying this milestone.
My sister-in-law, Paulette, tagged me to write six random things about myself...and since I have already done that on facebook, I thought I would six random things about Troy, in honor of his birthday.
1. Troy loves crumbs. You know, after you have finished eating something and you have all those tiny, leftover crumbs on your place. Troy can be found nibbling (in a very mouselike fashion) at all the little bits and pieces.
2. Troy loves flat soda. The flatter the better. He even has a "system" for getting all the carbonation out. Pray he never shows you.
3. Troy is the happiest, most optimistic person I know. It's fine, most of the time, but at 6 a.m., I promise, it's the last thing you want to see.
4. Troy is obsessed with self-help and self-improvement books. He reads them all the time, about a variety of different subjects...and should you ever find yourself in need of some advice...you can usually hear Troy said, "Well, you know, I read in book..." He is currently working on learning how to have perfect pitch and on increasing his speed reading abilities.
5. Troy loves all things superman. He still speaks fondly of the superman underoos he had as a child...I think he secretly wishes they were still available in his size. When Troy was a child, he used to regularly pray that he would find the green crystal in the loft of the barn, proving what he long suspected, that he was indeed the long lost son of Jor-el.
6. Troy is always mangling common phrases...he can never seem to get it right. But, Troy being Troy, he likes to play it off like he meant to say it that way. In fact, he will often try to convince others that his new way of saying it is in fact better than the old way, and hopes that people will pick up one of his phrases and use it for their own.
One such instance, we were playing games, and Troy meant to say something to the effect of "Put it in gear," or "It's in the bag", or "Punch it out," but instead he said, "Let's punch this in the bag." um. yeah. He is even still heard to use this phrase on occasion.
Unfortunately, for us, Troy is traveling on his birthday, so we will not get to see him or spend time with him today. But we will be thinking of him, and wishing him the happiest of birthdays.
Happy birthday, old man. We love you.
Here are some recent scrapbook pages featuring Troy: