Monday, December 24, 2007

My Sad, Sad Spouse

So I told Troy I was going to call this entry "my biggest baby", but Troy threatened me with my life. So instead we'll go with "my sad, sad spouse".

Poor Troy is so sick today. It never fails. I make all these big plans, but nothing ever works out how I thought it would. That's okay. When you have six kids and spouse, someone is bound to throw a monkey wrench into the plans. That's what makes it so fun.

So I woke up last night to the sound of retching, as Troy has finally caught the stomach flu that has been going around. The loving, wifely thing to do would have been to go and check on him, but instead I went back to sleep. What can I say? Someone had to be rested to get up with the baby and the kids!

When he woke up this morning he was groggy, and he had the chills. He is hard of hearing anyway, but his sad factor goes up exponentially when he his ill. He just kept saying, "What? What? What?" whenever I would say anything. That and, "Do I feel hot to you?"

You are always hot baby! ; )

4 comments:

Robin said...

Since when is Troy hard of hearing? I think it would be more appropriate to say he has selective hearing.

Denise said...

too true!

Hilary said...

Nothing is more annoying then coming home from whining women at work (not to mention days of whining children) to see a spouse who wants some nursing care of his own.
Sometimes I want to throw things at him.

Kimber said...

I still think you should have kept the original heading; all wives can relate!

Related Posts with Thumbnails