Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas

I love Christmas. I always have.

The best part about this Christmas was the joy on the faces of my children as they opened their presents. We have a whole range of children who love and appreciate Christmas for very different reasons.




We have my sweet baby Katie, who was just happy to be here. She didn't need much, and what she got went right into her mouth.

Then there was Becky, whose birthday was right before Christmas, and wanted us to know that everything she had gotten was for her birthday because Santa brought it to her. She just kept saying, "Is this for ME?" Like every present was a little miracle and she just couldn't believe that she had gotten so much.




And Josh was so excited he couldn't contain himself. He was DYING to open presents and I thought he might actually burst when we made him eat breakfast first. Afterward he yelled,"This IS the BEST day of my WHOLE life!"









Joe was so happy to get his gifts he couldn't stop giggling. And of course, while he enjoyed everything, it was the little things that got the biggest laughs - like his sponge bob whoopie cushion!

Emma was eager to see what Santa had brought this year because she had asked him to just surprise her. Unfortunately, Santa and Emma's best friend Mary, have the same taste in Christmas presents, so Emma wound up with identical Monkey WebKinz. Luckily, she decided that they would be boy/girl twins.

Mikayla, my jaded 11 year old, knows it all, and finds her dad and I quite embarrassing at times. But even she found lots to smile about and couldn't have been more excited to get clothes for her Build-a-Bear. (Who knew?)

And last, but CERTAINLY not least, is my dear sweet husband. He got many things this Christmas, both big and small, but his favorite things were coupons the kids made for foot rubs and a picture frame I made him that said "101 things Denise loves about Troy."

I didn't know if it would be too corny, but he liked it so much it actually made him cry (he says it made him "misty") anyway, it was so sweet, it made me cry! I couldn't have asked for a better reaction.

I can't forget to mention that the kids also got a Wii for Christmas and they were beside themselves! (I would add that DAD was even more excited about it than the kids were!)

As for me - I got too much stuff - I always feel that way when it's over. But my favorite gifts this year were that my family was together and healthy and my husband's appreciation for the gifts that I got him. Oh, and the bracelet that Troy got me from Tiffany's wasn't bad either. (haha)

I just wanted to say that Christmas is wonderful. Not because of the gifts that we get, or even the ones that we give. But because everyone is a little nicer to each other at this time of year and we all work so hard to show each other just how great our love is. I am grateful for my family and the dear friends that we have. I am especially grateful to the Savior, without whom, there would be no Christmas.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails