Monday, October 11, 2010

Feeling Grateful

We are on Troy's 4th trip in a month and I just have to say...no matter how well I manage at holding things together while he's gone...it isn't quite as easy the 4th time as it is the 1st time.

But...things are good and I am feeling blessed today.

We had the opportunity to attend a memorial service for a sweet family that lost their unborn baby. They were so brave and amazing and had such a testimony of the plan of salvation and eternal families.

It made me feel very grateful for my own sweet family...and my own angel baby.

Troy spoke at the service and it really lovely. I think it was the first time he had spoken publicly about how he dealt with the loss and how it made him feel.

Troy deals with his emotions so differently than me...sometimes he has a hard time articulting how he feels, wheras, I can't feel better unless I get it out.

I am really proud of him. He managed to get through his talk and even find a little peace in dealing with his feelings.

I was especially impressed with the talk given by the grieving father. His words were so edifying and uplifting. If only we all had such faith in the face of trial.

2 comments:

Mariko said...

I know you probably never would ask, but Austin and I would be more than happy to help out whenever Troy is out. We aren't good at very much, but I perhaps there is something we could do every once in awhile. We love the Beatty kids!!

And thanks for your testimony. And everything else you do for me that you don't even know about! I think you are wonderful Denise Beatty! And Troy too!

Troy said...

This comment is for Mariko, in response to her comment: Mariko -- That's what substitute parents are for!! :-)

For my wife -- I love you!!! Can't wait to see you on Saturday

Related Posts with Thumbnails