Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Resolution Check Up

I based this year's resolutions on the word "Choose".


And in some areas I'm doing really well, and it other areas...not so much.

Everyday Goals:

I wanted to take a photo a day. Which I've done and I'm pleased with how documenting our life is going.

I am trying to cook more often and try new things. This is also going fairly well.

Physical Goals:

I am trying to get out and move everyday. I am failing miserably. But...I am not going to let it get me down. I plan to keep going.

I am also trying to eat better. Again. Failing miserably. But...moving forward from where I am.

Relationship Goals:

I am striving to make good choices in how I deal with the kids. This isn't perfect for me, but I feel like i've come a long away. My relationships with the kids feel like they are moving in the right direction. I can't ask for more than that. 

We are working on learning everyone's love languages ... and i'm trying hard to love them in the ways that are most meaningful to them.

Troy and I are in a really good place. It's nice to feel so at peace with things...and know we are moving together and with similar purpose.

Spiritual Goals:

I am growing my testimony. I am working on the areas where I feel weak. I'm moving forward. 

I think for me...when I start to fail is when I stop choosing. I need to have purpose in my decisions and sometimes I don't ... I just let things happen to me.

Isn't that true for so many of us? 

4 comments:

melissa said...

ok so your goals are great and good for you for continuing forward on such a positive path! I love the reminder here when you write how you're "trying hard to love them in the ways that are most meaninful to them" and I also appreciate the reminder of the importance of choice... choose to move forward... choose to have purpose... our family scripture theme for the time being is "choose you this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house... we will serve the Lord" (Joshua 24:15) and there's so much power when one realizes that every day we have that opoortunity to choose...

thanks Denise for posting and sharing your thoughts with the online world :)

~melissa

lbugsh2 said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts it gives me hope and lots of smiles.

Heather said...

Allowing our children to be the best persons that God's intended them to be is part of our calling as moms. But as they say, the little things are the big things - it's in the everyday, how we treat them - that they reach such an apex.

You're choosing WELL. Keep going forward, chin goo.

(You speak Korean, right?)

shannon said...

Way to go on your successes! And here's to not giving up on the harder ones! We are big fans of "love languages." Should be required reading for all couples. Really amazing concept, simple, but amazing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails