Friday, February 12, 2010

I Love Lucy, Episode 3512

The children are helping clean the house as I buzz around the kitchen, pleased at how the day is going.

The house is coming along nicely. There is a fruit salad in the fridge, crudite carefully cut and prepped, and a roast in the crock pot, all set for dinner.

The final touch will the the homemade chocolate cake, Ricky's (oh I mean Troy's) favorite.

[In case you can't tell...it's all going too well at this point.]

So...with everything cooked or nearly cooked, it's time to clean the kitchen.

I am wiping down the stove...and this is where the camera would pan in to watch me accidentally bump the temperature dial from a lovely 350 degrees to an unholy 500 degrees.

That's right. Totally unaware of the calamity that has just occurred, I go on my merry way, content to let the buzzer tell me that my cake it done.

Sadly for me...my nose told me first...as I smelled the acrid odor of charcoal emanating from the direction of my kitchen.



And thus concludes another episode. Tune in next time.

Crap.

4 comments:

alexandra said...

Cut off the severely burnt outer edges and pass it off as a molten lava cake. :)

Melanie said...

LOL!!!

Cheryl said...

Just too cute! We watched a lot of the Lucy Marathon on Hallmark last week so we were tuned in.
Happy Birthday Troy.

Monique said...

Imagine how boring life would be without a little Lucy every now and then....

Related Posts with Thumbnails