Thursday, January 28, 2010

Why Do I Bother?

You may or may not remember the post when I vowed that Troy and I would never celebrate Valentine's Day ever again.

And in keeping with that tradition...I thought maybe we would celebrate Valentine's on a different day, and maybe, just maybe it wouldn't be cursed.

So...I have spent the last few weeks secretly planning a lovely weekend getaway.

And, let me tell you, this has been no easy task.

First, I had to find an open date in our busy lives.

Then, I had to find babysitters. oy.

After that it was reservations, finding replacements for Troy's weekend meetings at Church, a sub for my class at church.

And...finally, after all that work, I was sure I had the perfect weekend planned.

A spa getaway...a mountain retreat. Massages, roman baths. Tell me that's not heaven.

And then...

Troy calls me today to ask me what we are doing the weekend of our getaway (remember, he has no idea what I've planned).

What are we doing? he asks.

Why do you want to know? I ask.

Oh, because I have to work.

WHAT?

Seriously.

Why do I bother?

Anyone wanna go on a lovely spa getaway with me?

3 comments:

Monique said...

Sounds like heaven, Denise! If only I lived a bit closer...
I'm so sorry all your efforts to be romantic did not work out!

Troy said...

What?!?!? That weekend you had planned a surprise getaway -- just the 2 of us??! ;-)

Seriously, glad I could re-arrange my work obligations so that we cna still go, and I'm sorry I ruined your surprise.

Very much looking forward to it!

alexandra said...

Ooh! Ooh! Choose me! Choose me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails